Thursday, November 20, 2008

FORTY


So here it is, November 20th, 2008, the big 4-0, approaching middle age, peri menopause...sounds fun!! Well, the good news is, the world didn't stop just because I turned 40! It was just another day as a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend. My question is...where, oh where, did the time go??? Of course there were some NICE pictures posted at work (I heard a lot of comments...I didn't know that was you!) Not really sure if that's a compliment or not?? Anyway, looking back at the mid 80's do (so gross!), big hair, Princess Di hair, I still don't know where the time went - maybe at the hairdressers?? Honestly, life is so crazy, busy, one day blurs into another, and before we know it, it will be 2009! I think the anticipation of "turning 40" is much worse than actually turning 40. After all, if 50 is the new 30, then 40 must be the new 20! Wouldn't that be something...to be this wise and go through my 20's again! Here's to 40 years and 1 day, watch out world, here I come!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Happy - Happy - Birthday - Belated - to you!!!! I wish I could have spent the day w/you. The boys bite the 40 bullet next...then me the following summer. I say a 40 year trip needs to be in the works. We can split the difference...I sooooo love that I am the baby of the group. :-)